Friday, June 1, 2012

Dear John Paul,

Well, your dad and Joe, Liam and Madie  left early Thursday morning and are in Michigan for your Uncle Joey's wedding.  It was so sweet to see the kids saying goodby to you and reassuring you that they'd miss you and be back very soon.  I know it was very hard for your dad to leave you.  You are so loved.

I'm spoiled to have both Aunt Suzie and Aunt Monica here to help me while your dad is away.  Sadly, this is especially necessary because we have been having major issues with getting nursing help.  Despite the miracle of being awarded 20 hours of nursing a day by Medicaid,  the agency has not been able to staff anywhere close to this. In the last week we have had a total of 29 hours of nursing...none of which have been at night.  I think the hardest part of this arrangement is being so tired that I haven't been able to do a lot of the fun things we do with you--getting to hold, massage, play and read stories.  I have craigslist ads out to do my own recruiting and will be interviewing one potential nurse this weekend.   I can't wait to settle into a more functional routine.

Love you so,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment